New Bariatric Merry Walker ® Ambulation Device – Bariatric Model, is a walker/chair combination, allowing a resident who would normally be placed in a bariatric wheelchair to be able to walk in a Merry Walker. The resident/patient will ambulate independently and safely. The Merry Walker is fabricated from 16 gauge one inch steel, has an extra tubular cross bar under the seat for support, is bottom weighted to prevent unwanted tipping, and the unit will fold with removal of extra support cross bar under the seat, for storage and transport.
- Sized by height and weight of each resident
- Able to fit resident’s height size from 5’ 0” to 6’ 0” in three different sizes, small, medium, and large.
- Weight sizes from 350 lbs. to 600 lbs.- three different size models, small, medium and large
- Fully washable, padded, extra-large seat, side pouch and back
- Casters: heavy duty, weight capacity 250 lbs. . . .each, four-inch fully rotating twin wheel, two lock and two non-lock casters
- Safety swell latch lock, will not open easily for AD residents, but is adjustable in tension.
- Constructed of tubular steel, black powder coated, addresses spatial perception losses and visual impairments
- Safety strap for resident safety/ optional Vee belt for AD resident use
- Exceptional use after physical therapy D/C to keep resident walking at optimal levels reached during therapy sessions.
- Designed to assist any resident who is able to walk with stand-by assist or with the assist of one to walk
- Assessments available for determining proper use of Merry Walker
- Directly addresses decreases in staff back injuries from lifting residents, as the resident will walk by themselves, cutting costs of workman's comprehensive insurance payments
- Replaces the need for residents to ever be placed in wheelchairs as the Merry Walker was designed for safe independent ambulation
- Bariatric model- 31" wide by 36" deep- will hold up to 600 pounds
Available in three different height sizes:
- Small - 4’ 10” – 5’ 2”; 311022
- Medium - 5’ 3”- 5’ 7”; 311024
- Large – 5’ 8” – 6’ 0” 311026