Merry Therapeutic Walker®
Merry Therapeutic Walker® looks like a standard pick-up walker BUT this walker is height and weight adjustable, constructed from strong tubular steel, not aluminum, designed to provide self-rehabilitation with every step...end user picks up Merry Therapeutic Walker which is height and weight adjustable from 8 to 12 pounds and increases muscles flexion with each step due to the added weights. When leg, back, neck or arm muscles are weak, the Merry Therapeutic Walker will assist the end user to increase muscle mass with each step as the Walker weighs eight pounds without the added weights. The Merry Therapeutic Walker is extremely stable giving the end user the assurance that the walker will hold them up safely as they walk. With continued use the end user may become strong enough once again to not have to rely on the walker as muscles will be rebuilt, allowing for more independent ambulation to occur.
- Height adjustable- will hold up to 300 pounds
- Weight adjustable- from four pounds to eight pounds (with all weights added)
- Closed cell foam grip handles
- Non-skid rubber tips on ends of each leg
- Black powder coated steel
- Why does the Merry Therapeutic Walker not have casters attached to the bottom of the legs on the device? Because the Merry Therapeutic Walker was designed as a pick-up walker to assist the end user in rebuilding leg, back and arm muscles with every step taken. If wheels were attached the purpose of the Merry Therapeutic Walker would not assist the end user in increasing muscles.
Merry Therapeutic Walker:
- Constructed from one inch black tubular steel, the only steel walker on the market.
- Why steel is better? Because it is stronger than aluminum and aluminum is not heavy enough to encourage muscle rebuilding.
- Weighted and height adjustable, extremely sturdy and secure to walk behind
- Four, one half pound weights added or subtracted from inside four legs
- Physical therapists work with residents to rebuild muscles so resident can return to functional mobility by having resident in therapy lift weights to rebuild muscles.
- Once resident leaves therapy, the Merry Therapeutic Walker continue the weight lifting therapy with each step taken
- Provides for self-rehabilitation after therapy to continue forward progress in walking
- Arms, back, neck, and legs are all receiving muscle flexing exercise with each step
- Addresses spatial perception losses with black color
- Has front pouch to hold personal items while walking
- Hand grips for ease and comfort while walking
- Height adjustable to fit all different heights of people
- Retards danger of falling or bone fracture as walker feels secure while using
- Assists end user in identifying space
- Provides stability and security when walking
- Assists in restoring functional mobility