Merry Motivator® is a seated rolling walker to replace the use of geri-chairs and recliners to give the resident who has lost the ability to walk independently to walk from a seated position. The resident who would benefit from the Merry Motivator would normally require the assist of two in order to walk. The Merry Motivator gives the resident the freedom to move from a seated position, peddling with feet, safely.
- Merry Motivator is constructed from one inch black powder coated tubular steel.
- Height adjustment provided so resident’s feet rest comfortably on the floor while foot peddling across the floor.
- Washable cushioned narrow seat
- Washable acrylic back, front Vee belt and side pouch to hold resident’s personal items
- Vee belt attached under the seat and clips onto the front cross bar to secure resident’s seating position
- Non-tip U- shaped large base
- Black powder coated paint totally washable.
- When resident wants to eat or participate in activities, front crossbar swings away to the left so resident can move up to table and participate in the activity.
- Safety swell latch lock will not open easily by resident/adjustable in tension
- One size fits all- height adjustable
- Four inch twin total rotating wheel casters- two locking and two non-locking
- Will hold up to 200 pounds
- Designed to replace geri-chair and recliner use, returning limited mobility from a seated position.
- Merry Motivator is not considered a restraint by CMS.
- Aids in restoring a higher functional level of mobility than geri-chair or; recliner
- Narrow seat- the resident’s coccyx, tail bone, overhangs back of seat so no further deterioration from pressure ulcer involvement as the coccyx does not rest on the narrow seat.
- Encourages end user to rebuild lower leg muscles through seated walking.
- Retards the possibility of joint contractions and edema in lower legs.
- Assists resident in rebuilding upper body strength through isometric exercises by pulling on the front cross bar to assist in forward mobility.
- Provides self-rehabilitation and independence
- Recommended to be used by any resident who requires the assist of two to walk who is unable to get from sit to stand independently